For World Earth Day...


 


For World Earth Day

Thursday 22nd April 2021

 

The Earth Rights Act in Perpetuity Inspired by the Human Rights Act 1998

 

As a woman I have fundamental rights and freedoms which not only impact on my  life and death, they affect my everyday life: what I say and do, and my beliefs. 

I believe that the earth belongs to me; that we belong to the earth.  

We are the people of the earth. 

We are the earth. 

It is my duty to protect, preserve and to save from harm the living earth upon which I thrive.

Here find an Act of Earth Rights given in Perpetuity.   

The earth has the right to:

  • the right to a nature-cycle
  • freedom from torture and degrading treatment
  • freedom from husbandry through slavery and forced labour
  • the right to live free in the known universe
  • the right to an eco-voice
  • the right not to be punished for something for which it was not responsible
  • the right to respect
  • freedom of reflection, ethics and an eco-socio-philosophy    
  • freedom of wild places and all that grows wild
  • freedom to evolve and find maturation in the universe
  • the right to the free flow of tributaries, streams, rivers, seas, oceans
  • the right to protect plants of all kinds, birds, bees and all animals thereon
  • the right to live in harmony with my sun, moon, stars, planets, my people
  • the right to be nurtured, cultivated and understood
  • the right to share the wind and weather, earthquakes and caves, volcanoes and glaciers; all matter; and all things earthly
  • the right not to be subjected to an eco-logical death penalty
Jean Rees Lyons

Image by Haythem-gataa

Comments

  1. Amen! This says all we need to hear right now. My hope is for this to be published far and wide!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dear Unknown, I really appreciate you comment. I would like to publish it more widely, me thinks, best wishes, jr-l

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Into a Scrape

The Comfortable Silence