Metamorphosis

 

Antonin Danek

Were you always there,

awaiting my acceptance?

For deep-shield darkness

is where it all began

and in an incremental dawning,

I came to know that all

I ever really wanted                                                                                                                   

was for you to stay.

Did I even have a choice

as writhing rhythms,

pulsating, took hold,                                                                                                                   

working within?

Retreat to guarded darkness,

in process pause,

it brings no comfort now.                                                                                                              

as, insistent, calling,

all I really wanted was for you to stay.

Even here, emerged

and new life-ladder gripping,

I do not comprehend the changes

made within, without,                                                                                                                    

withal.

Yet I know, bathed in light,

with iridescent shimmering,

I will always, only,

want for you to stay.

What lies ahead?                                                                                                                        

For what purpose gifted

such new possibilities?

What lies beyond the clouds?

Only,

in acceptance, taking flight,

thankful for the darkness,

that taught me

you always meant to stay.

You in me,

and I in you,                                                                                                                              

there is no separation,

just realisation that life is                                                                                                          

change,

and change gives life.

So, grateful now, come what may,

that you and I, forever,                                                                                                           

together, stay.

Paul Middleton

 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For World Earth Day...

Getting Into a Scrape

The Comfortable Silence